We’re looking for a Development Officer to work with our network of current branches and services to develop, coordinate and support the delivery of new volunteering opportunities and peer support groups across Grampian.
If you have strong knowledge and experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously using your own initiative in a well organised manner? Then we look forward to hearing from you.
About the role
As a Development Officer you will work closely across teams within Versus Arthritis supporting our Living Well programme and young people and families service team. You will be first point of contact for referrals from key partners and work collaboratively and through development of locally based activities. This role raises awareness of the impact of arthritis; supporting people of all age and specifically those of working age to live well with their condition.
You will establish pathways for specialist support to:
· enable people with arthritis to access the support they need to manage their condition
· help people to remain in employment or seek support to regain employment
· work with key local partners across health, third sector and with employers to enable people to access self-management information and advice.
Supporting change for people will mean they feel engaged and informed, less isolated, know how to take control of their condition and access support to live well with their arthritis.
Our ideal candidate will be able to:
· develop networks and build excellent working relationships and partnerships with local organisations across voluntary, statutory and private sectors, to maximize reach to people with arthritis and embed services locally.
· work autonomously and have experience of self-management principles for supporting people with long term conditions
· have knowledge of working with and supporting volunteer led activities.