SACT is a social enterprise which was formed to help combat social isolation in all its forms. It launched in 2016 and has grown from a very small, localised operation based in Ayr, to a thriving and very active organisation which covers the whole of South Ayrshire. SACT now has a fleet of 12 minibuses and 3 electric cars undertaking a huge variety of work within the Third Sector as well as partnership working with bodies such as South Ayrshire Council and Strathclyde Partnership for Transport.
Due to retirement, SACT is now looking for a new General Manager with the ability to lead and develop a professional SACT team ensuring the on-going development, implementation and monitoring of team plans and work programmes in order to meet performance targets and guarantee effective service delivery. The General Manager will report to the SACT Board of Trustees.
We are looking for:
• Education to Degree level and/or at least 5 years managerial experience, preferably in a Third Sector setting
• Experience in budget setting and control
• A confident negotiator and presenter in one-to-one and one-to-many settings
• An experienced user of business software packages such as MS Office and of social media for marketing and PR purposes
• Some knowledge of the community transport sector would be desirable, but a knowledge of the Third Sector is of more importance
• A full UK driver’s licence