The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company is Scotland’s leading producing theatre. With a strong reputation for excellence in both classical and contemporary work it is committed to developing Scotland’s considerable indigenous talents while presenting the best of international drama.
Whilst Covid may have changed the landscape it certainly has not reduced the company’s ambition as it continues to play a vital role in the artistic life of Edinburgh and develop its reputation as a leading theatre company.
To support the company’s ambitious vision, they are looking to recruit into the newly created role of Director of Finance and Administration. Tasked with overseeing the delivery of all aspects of the company’s corporate activity including Finance, Management Reporting, Human Resources, IT services, risk management, governance and compliance, key priorities of the role include:
• Ensuring the company has sound financial management and planning enabling it to operate sustainably and efficiently meeting key artistic and business objectives
• Developing new and improved financial and management reporting enabling more informed and improved strategic decision making
• Working with senior management colleagues to create and embed a culture of sound financial management, including increased ownership and accountability, to ensure the efficient delivery of all aspects of the Company’s operations
• Ensuring the development and delivery of forward-looking Management Information System Strategy to meet the company’s business needs for the next 5 to 10 years, including the implementation of new finance system
• The development and maintenance of effective and efficient systems and procedures, utilising digital technology where appropriate, to drive excellence, efficiency and effectiveness across all operational activities
• Leading and co-ordinating the use, review and development of the organisation’s risk register to ensure an active process of risk management at governance, strategic and operational levels
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will help support the organisation’s future ambitions, manage the delivery of their artistic programme and act as the Company Secretary for The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Limited and its commercial subsidiaries.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with a proven track record of robust financial management with some experience gained within the charitable or culture sectors. With direct involvement in providing financial information and analysis to allow informed decision making, you will also be an accomplished communicator able to build and maintain strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
• An excellence understanding of financial governance and risk
• Highly analytical skills coupled with the ability to get “behind the numbers” to allow well informed decisions
• Direct experience of presenting financial information to both financial and non- financial audiences coupled with the ability to ‘talk finance’ in a language that the business understands
• Previous experience of continuous improvement, developing robust financial controls, systems and procedures and embedding best practice as appropriate
• Strong IT skills with experience of utilising IT to deliver operational efficiencies and ideally direct involvement in implementing a new finance system
• Knowledge of HR best practice