Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young
people’s well-being and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Service Manager to provide support for our Glasgow Key Fund service. The Glasgow Key Fund
provides a service between private property owners and tenants. This is a full-time, permanent role.
How you will make a difference:
- Provide leadership and act as a role model to Ypeople staff and tenants.
- Develop positive, respectful
and compassionate relationships with people, focusing on their strengths and aspirations as
- Providing support and leadership to Senior Development Workers and Development
- Delivering the service to agreed specifications through effective engagement with landlords and
letting agents in the procurement and management of properties ensuring they are fit for purpose and comply with
legal, health and safety and corporate standards.
- Ensuring tenants are provided with a high standard of
support, meeting contractual obligations and individual need.
- Arranging and facilitating regular support
and supervision sessions with your team members, utilising best practice in performance management to ensure
staff are supported to undertake their roles.
- Actively contribute to your service and the organisations
development and improvement.
- Ensuring service users and staff are involved in the development and
improvement of the service.
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core
- Qualified to (or willing to work towards) SVQ 4 in Health and Social Care and SVQ 4 in
Management, or SCQF equivalent.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation, policies and strategies
relating to housing, social work, social care and family support services.
- Proven track record in
effective coaching and people management.
- Proven track record in effective service planning, performance
management and quality assurance.
- Undertake a leadership role in shaping best practice within the
- Ability to create an environment which promotes co-operation, trust and open exchange of
- Undertake a leadership role in shaping best practice within the service.
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second).
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications).
For further information and to apply go to: https://www.ypeople.org.uk/vacancy/service-manager-glasgow-key-fund/
Closing Date: 05:00pm, 25 May 2020
Interview Date: 03 June 2020