As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair-user to pursue his interests and live independently. You will be working as part of a team in a variety of settings and shift times (including evenings and weekends) being flexible where possible.
· Assist the employer with a wide range of activities, including, but not limited to, attending courses, volunteering, work, meeting friends, going to the cinema, the pub or for a walk.
· Assist the employer with postgraduate study, including notetaking and navigating the university campus.
· Assist the employer with transport, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
· Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and other domestic tasks.
· Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
· Assist the employer with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting, including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
· Understanding, positive, easy-going and able to assume a background role to allow the employer privacy and autonomy, remaining professional at all times.
· Punctual, reliable and well-organised, with excellent communication skills.
· Previous experience supporting a disabled person is essential.
· Good physical health and fitness is essential, as personal care duties are challenging.
· Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
· Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
· Awareness of the social model of disability and interest in disability rights.
· Opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
· Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two (paid) trial shifts.
· Training is provided through two (paid) shadow shifts and guidance of the employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Lothian Centre For Inclusive Living (LCIL)
The Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living provides administrative support and payroll services to the employer. This allows the employer to remain anonymous in the early stages of recruitment in order to protect their privacy. Our client will contact you if you are shortlisted for interview. For more information about the LCIL, please visit lothiancil.org.uk.
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL)
57 Albion Road,