- To lead an organisation which is seen as part of the fabric of Edinburgh City.
- An opportunity to help
take the Home to another level.
The Chief Executive is the organisation's most senior member of staff and is responsible for:
- Informing and advising the Board of Trustees on the formulation of its policies and strategies, and for the implementation of those policy and strategy decisions.
- Directing the organisation's operations, managing its resources, compliance with legal requirements, and for ensuring good practice in all aspects of its work.
- Raising awareness around the importance of animal welfare principles and the critical role of the Home's work in rescuing, reuniting and rehoming.
- Developing Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home's public profile in order to position the organisation as a key centre of animal welfare excellence in dog and cat rehoming.
- Acting as a strong figurehead for the charity; a positive ambassador with external partners and a positive leader and role model for employees and volunteers.