We are currently seeking applications for a Client Advisor within the Social Security Agency based in Dundee. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
We are working towards delivering a new social security system that ensures clients receive the financial support they need, while being treated with dignity, fairness and respect. Social Security Scotland will be built with you – not for you. Together let’s build a public service to be proud of.
The Client Advisor role offers an exciting opportunity to work in new and developing teams that will be part of Scotland’s new social security agency. The role would be suited to candidates who are empathetic, can demonstrate excellent customer service and ensure client needs are met, while building trust and rapport, providing a positive experience for all who contact the agency.
Whatever your age, experience or background you’ll enjoy a comprehensive induction and training programme that will ensure you are confident and capable of fulfilling the duties required in your new job.
These are important roles within the agency which will involve a range of duties to ensure that we provide an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
Although individual Client Advisors are unlikely to be required to carry out all of the duties listed below, you will need to be adaptable and flexible as our systems and structures are established and the service we provide develops and grows.
The main duties are:
• Provide clients with accurate information in a warm and friendly manner which may be by telephone, face to face, email and online.
• Process applications for clients’ benefits.
• Inbox monitoring and management.
• Maintain correct and up-to-date client information.
• Quickly determine clients’ needs – work with the client to understand and identify needs.
• Handle sensitive and personal information in line with confidentiality rules.
• Carry out administrative tasks using computer systems to process; payments, client requests, updates and appointment booking.
• Work as part of a team to resolve or escalate customer queries and complaints.
• Support Team Managers and other team members in carrying out daily work activities and when new projects arise.
Please provide specific, evidence based examples of how you meet the essential criteria- you may wish to follow the STARR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result, and Reflection). You can find more information on STARR by reading the Additional Information section for this job or on our recruitment website at: socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us.
1. This role requires the ability to manage challenging situations in a positive and constructive way. Tell us about the biggest challenge you’ve had to face. How did you cope with it?
2. This role requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people. Give us an example of a time when you had to adjust your communication approach to suit a particular audience.
3. This role requires you to work well as part of a team, encouraging and supporting improvements to achieve a shared goal. Describe a situation where you played an important role as a member of a team. What did you do to positively contribute?
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact the 01312448500 or email the Social Security Scotland agency who can be reached at SSAOpsResourcing@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
As part of this campaign we will be organising a series of events to offer support and advice on applying for this vacancy. Please see our Eventbrite page for dates and details.
To apply please complete the online application form at socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies
Closing Date: 25 February 2020 at midnight