We are currently seeking applications for an Operations Manager within the Social Security Scotland agency based in Dundee. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
We believe that social security is a human right and we are working towards delivering a new Social Security system that ensures clients receive the financial support they need, whilst being treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
The role offers the opportunity to lead and be part of a team who will be integral to Scotland’s new Social Security Agency
The opportunities in this role will vary; from leading and developing a team of Performance Managers, Team Managers and Client Advisers to providing day to day operational support to all staff. This role is suited to candidates who are energetic, enthusiastic, adaptable and lead by example.
This is an exciting time to be involved in the Social Security Agency’s start up, it is a key position allowing you to influence change and client experience within the agency. It involves a range of duties to ensure we provide an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
For jobs in Band B & C you must hold a minimum of 3 Highers or equivalent or alternative experience to the academic qualifications, for example experience gained in an operational or service delivery environment.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
• Participate and support operational policies, systems and processes to deliver social security
services in a manner which is efficient, represents value for money and puts the user
• Participate and support development, coordination and delivery of training in these systems
and processes, alongside the agency ethos of dignity and respect.
• Participate and support the establishment of the fully functional social security services
operation of the agency, putting in place appropriate performance measures.
• Participate as a key member of the Operations team at key meetings, deputising for
• Work with the Social Security Programme to ensure that systems and processes in
development are able to deliver efficient and flexible operations in the future.
• The ability to influence, negotiate and collaborate effectively with senior colleagues and
internal stakeholders, in order to deliver positive outcomes and results.
1. Experience of managing a service delivery function in a front line customer service environment.
2. The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and capable of setting clear operational objectives for your area, whilst supporting staff development in a fast paced and often changing environment.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain positive, credible and constructive engagement with a range of stakeholders.
4. Experience of working in a significant change project in an operational environment.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact 01312448500 or email the Social Security Agency who can be reached at SSAOpsResourcing@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
As part of this campaign we will be organising a series of events to offer support and advice on applying for this vacancy. Please see our Eventbrite page for dates and details.
To apply please complete the online application form at socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies
Closing Date: 25 February 2020 at midnight