We are currently seeking applications for Team Managers within the Social Security Scotland based in Dundee. . This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
We are working towards delivering a new social security system that ensures clients receive the financial support they need, while being treated with dignity, fairness and respect. Social Security Scotland will be built with you – not for you. Together let’s build a public service to be proud of.
The opportunities in this role may vary; from leading and developing a team of Client Advisors to providing day to day operational support to all staff. This role is suited to candidates who are energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for customer service, are adaptable and lead by example.
This is an exciting time to be involved in the Social Security Agency’s start up, it is a key position allowing you to influence change and client experience within the agency.
For jobs in Band B & C you must hold a minimum of 3 Highers or equivalent.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted
These are important roles within the Agency which will involve a range of duties to ensure that we provide an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
You will need to be adaptable and flexible as our systems and structures are established and the service we provide develops and grows.
The main duties are:
• Line manage, support and develop a cohort of Client Advisors.
• Be responsible for quality assurance, performance, attendance management, diversity and fairness at work.
• You will support all elements of our People Strategy including carrying out monthly conversations and staff appraisals.
• Build and maintain a constructive and encouraging team environment where your teams understand their contribution to the Agency’s objectives.
• Create a culture that makes the teams part of designing the solutions.
• Act as a role model who will demonstrate commitment to making sure that enquiries are dealt with sensitively, appropriately and consistently.
• Manage changes to policy and processes efficiently and constructively.
• Seek to find new solutions to improve business processes, quality and client satisfaction.
1. Experience of managing, leading and developing colleagues to reach their potential.
2. Demonstrate you consistently meet the needs of client’s by inspiring those around you to provide excellent service delivery.
3. The ability to build, develop and maintain good working relationships, to enhance client experience.
4. Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative, whilst initiating and leading change.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact SATMVacancyInbox@socialsecurity.gov.scot
As part of this campaign we will be organising a series of events to offer support and advice on applying for this vacancy. Please see our Eventbrite page for dates and details.
To apply please complete the online application form at socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies