We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to co-ordinate the Choices for Change Participatory
Budgeting project and establish and maintain positive relationships with families and partners.
The Family Community Worker will be responsible for the following main areas:
- To build positive relationships and support young people and families to engage in the PB process, involving all key stakeholders.
- To lead on the development of four community-based groups, one in each locality in Edinburgh, over a two-year period.
- To support the creation of a minimum of eight new project ideas from each of the community group areas.
- Put in place a participatory budgeting approach so project ideas in each community can be voted on by the identified community in a way that is fair with a focus on simplicity and accessibility.
- To manage and monitor the awarding of two grants per community area of up to £3000 each for successful projects with support from the Manager.
- To support families engaging with Choices for Change to link in with local employability and income maximisation service provision.
Job information pack and full job description can be seen in the supporting document. Completed application forms are
to be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Noon, Friday 24th February 2020.