At Beatson Cancer Charity we support and enhance the treatment, care and wellbeing of current, former and future cancer patients and their families. We work in partnership with the NHS, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre and all related facilities. We also offer the wider community a unique opportunity to contribute to the fight against cancer in the broadest possible sense.
We are seeking an experienced Housekeeper to clean and maintain our Wellbeing facilities within The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am – 9am. Key Responsibilities
• Daily responsibility of opening the Wellbeing Centre premises every morning.
• Thorough, deep clean of the therapy rooms to be carried out once a week/fortnightly as required.
• Dusting, vacuuming and mopping in all areas within the Wellbeing Centre.
• Set up centre equipment ready for the day i.e. dishwasher, coffee machine.
• Managing the laundry service, including stock control, preparing laundry for collection, correlation of stock with delivery notes and ensuring all invoices are passed to the Lead Centre Assistant.
• Cleaning cupboards and worktops in the kitchen area.
• Maintain toilet cleanliness in the Centre by cleaning, vacuuming and mopping.
• Clean and polish of furniture in the Centre.
• Empty bins ensuring that waste is disposed of according to policies and procedures.
• Adhere to cleaning schedule with daily and weekly tasks, as well as maintaining cleaning records.
• Adhering to policies and procedures including health and safety, environmental health, infection control and NHS policies.
• Physically fit for moving, lifting and cleaning.
• Flexible and adaptable to a clinical environment.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Confident and friendly approach.
• Ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
• Previous cleaning experience to a high standard with minimum of 2-years’ experience.
• Candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check.
• Ability to work effectively on your own and follow standard operating procedures.
• A positive can-do attitude.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Understanding of infection control procedures
• Knowledge and understanding of working within the NHS or clinical environment is desirable.
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.