Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
The Welfare Support Service provides support and advocacy to vulnerable beneficiaries and those with multiple and complex needs. The Support is delivered by a network of home based Welfare Support Officers and Independent Living Advisers. This role will provide administrative support to the Welfare Services team with a focus on back-office activity and engagement with existing beneficiaries for the Welfare Support Service. The individual will be responsible for responding to enquiries and requests, inputting data, maintaining internal databases in an accurate and timely manner whilst working to deadlines to meet the needs of the Welfare Services team.
Key Skills / Experience
· Commitment to customer engagement and the ability to respond positively and cooperatively to the needs of internal and external customers.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
· Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a range of tasks, prioritising your own workload to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work flexibly using own initiative in a busy environment whilst working effectively with the team.
· Proficient use of MS Office, databases and keyboard skills
· Clear confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
· Knowledge of the Armed Forces sector would be an advantage
Further information and a Job Description is available from poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 26th February 2020.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 6th March 2020 in Edinburgh.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.