ADAPT for CashBack project (This project is funded by CashBack for Communities*)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a team of Family Support Workers to deliver an early intervention service to young people within the West Dunbartonshire area who are aged between 10 – 15 and are on the periphery of offending.
Do you believe in young people – that they are never beyond help and that with support they can achieve better things and reach their full potential?
Are you able to build professional relationships that matter – built on trust and mutual respect?
Are you committed and able to support young people by not giving up and continuing to support them when it matters most?
Do you believe that for lasting change to be achieved that it needs to be made across all generations?
We are currently recruiting 5 Youth and Family Support Workers to work within the local community to provide 1 to 1 relationship based support to young people and their families/carers.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
· Build effective relationships with young people and their families and engage them in 1 to 1 support within their local community
· Identify and record individual support needs and work collaboratively with young people and their families to develop and deliver a sustainable individual support plan based upon presenting and underlying behaviours
· Use appropriate tools in order to help young people and families understand the impact of their behaviour within the wider community
· Work in partnership with existing community resources, organisations and supports to sustain positive change with families
· Develop and deliver groupwork activities
As this is a community based role, it is essential that you are a car driver and have access to a car. Successful candidates will require PVG membership.
For further information and to apply go to: includem.org/vacancies
Closing date: 24 February 2020
There will be a 2 stage recruitment assessment process for shortlisted candidates. Group Interviews will be held on Monday 2nd March 2020 (full day from 9.30am to 4.30pm). Individual Interviews will be held on Friday 6th March 2020.