We are currently seeking applications for a Performance Manager within the Social Security based in High Street, Glasgow. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
We believe that social security is a human right and we are working to make sure that people get what they are entitled to. We believe that people should be able to get support when and where they need it and this is exactly the way we will approach the delivery of the assistance that is devolved. Social Security Scotland will be built with you – not for you. Together let's build a public service to be proud of.
The role offers the opportunity to manage and develop new teams in Scotland's new Social Security Agency. The development of our teams should focus on not only the 'what' but the 'how' in order to create an environment that blends human rights within all we do.
This position would be ideal for someone who is empathetic, consistently able to put clients first, easily able to build trust and rapport and oversee their teams' performance to be able to identify the best solution for each client contacting the Agency. You will be joining our organisation at an exceptionally exciting time working together with our team to develop our Agency. This will require you to be adaptable and flexible in your approach as our systems and structures are established and our business develops and grows.
This is a high-profile and exciting area, with continuing political, public and media interest. The Agency is split across two locations, between Dundee and Glasgow with the headquarters in Dundee.
As part of the end to end processing of operational delivery, this is an important role which may involve managing a range of duties to ensure that we provide an excellent service.
The successful candidates will oversee the front line management of their operational teams within the Social Security Agency and their performance with responsibility for managing Team Managers.
For jobs in Band B & C you must hold a minimum of 3 Highers or equivalent or alternative experience to the academic qualifications, for example experience gained in an operational or service delivery environment.
• Line manage, support and develop a cohort of Team Managers with counter-signing responsibility for Client Advisors.
• Build and maintain a constructive and encouraging team environment where your teams understand their contribution to the Agency.
• Act as a role model who will demonstrate commitment to making sure that enquiries are dealt with sensitively, appropriately and consistently.
• Ensuring Team Managers are investigating and handling complaints with due diligence and in accordance with our processes and procedures, acting as a point of escalation when required.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of our services by using available management information to plan and organise necessary resource to meet fluctuating business demands.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure minimal disruption from system issues and service releases by considering potential risks and impacts.
• Manage changes to policy and processes efficiently and constructively.
• Seek to find new solutions to improve business processes, quality and client satisfaction.
• Engage with the other functions to provide cross-area support to meet the business needs as and when required.
1. A clear focus on efficient and effective service delivery which meets clients' needs, gained in an operational or service delivery environment.
2. Proven line management experience and a track record of influencing teams to develop and reach their potential.
3. Involvement in driving continuous improvement for the benefit of stakeholders, staff and clients.
4. Experience of engaging with and developing staff to build resilience to handle change in in an environment which is evolving.
As part of this campaign we will be organising a series of events to offer support and advice on applying for this vacancy. Please see our Eventbrite page for dates and details.
To apply please complete the online application form at socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies
Closing Date: 25 February 2020 at midnight