We are currently seeking applications for a number of Disability Assistance Managers within Social Security Scotland. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
These posts sit within the Scottish Government's newly created Executive Agency, Social Security Scotland, and is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront and development of our Disability Assistance services.
In September 2018, Social Security Scotland successfully began to administer the first wave of devolved benefits, with further benefits due to be delivered by the Agency as and when they come online. We believe that social security is a human right and we are working towards delivering a new Social Security system that ensures clients receive the financial support they need, whilst being treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
This is a key role and will evolve over time. The post holder will assist in the development and delivery of the agency's new disability benefits which go live in 2020. You will have responsibility for line managing a number of B1 Case Managers and you will use you the knowledge you have gained, as well as your previous decision making experience to support those staff with more complex cases. You will also be a champion for continuous improvement and making sure that the quality of decisions reached is of a high standard.
These posts are based in Dundee, although some travel to Edinburgh may be required.
As part of the Operational Delivery team, you will play a crucial role in providing a top quality service to the people of Scotland whilst maintaining the ethos that staff and clients must be treated with dignity, fairness and respect. The main duties include but are not limited to:
· Collaborate with the Social Security Programme to design, develop and deliver Disability Assistance benefits.
· Build and maintain strong relationships across the Agency and Directorate.
· Support Operations Managers by deputising on their behalf when required.
· Identify the best methods of delivering services.
· Provide leadership to new entrants to Social Security Scotland by embedding a supportive learning culture within the Agency.
· Use your experience to help make decisions in more complex cases.
· Work with colleagues to continuously improve the service we provide to the people of Scotland.
· Explain the outcome of applications to clients, in writing and on the telephone.
1. Experience of applying legislation and/or regulations, and interpreting medical evidence in a decision making environment.
2. Ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Ability to manage people and workloads in a fast paced, demanding environment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, using a variety of communication methods, including verbal and written.
Provisional Dates for Sift and Interview
Minimum Time in Post and Development Opportunities
The successful candidate will be expected to remain in post for a minimum of three years unless successful at gaining promotion to a higher Band or Grade.
We will be running workshops to give further information on working at Social Security Scotland, our application process and the Disability Case Manager/Disability Assistance Manager role.
Please register at the link below:
Applicants must discuss their intention to apply with their current line manager to help ensure release dates can be agreed. A reserve list will be held for 12 months.
For further information on this vacancy, please contact Gerry Parker on 0141 473 9102 or by email at email@example.com. To apply, please complete the online application form at https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies