Aberlour is the largest children’s charity working solely in Scotland and provides help to thousands of Scotland's most vulnerable children, young people and their families each year. Aberlour helps children and young people who need additional care and support to achieve their potential and to live safe, fulfilling lives. Giving children the best possible start in life is at the heart of everything we do.
Aberlour has a rich history of delivering vital services to vulnerable children, young people and their families. We have developed a significant reputation for delivering the following services: residential care and fostering, recovery from addictions, early years, disability and early intervention youth work.
We are now looking to recruit a Chair who will support the Chief Executive and the organisation to meet its charitable and strategic objectives. The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
· Team building skills – ensuring succession planning is in place, supporting the recruitment, induction and development of new Board Members.
· Strategic development skills – supporting the Board and the Executive Team to review and develop strategy.
· Organisational skills – ensuring the smooth running of the Board function and improving processes where required.
· Campaigning commitments - supporting Aberlour campaigns on behalf of disadvantaged children, young people and families.
· Networking and influencing skills – making connections on behalf of Aberlour that support Aberlour activities.
· Partnership skills – supporting and collaborating with the Board, the Chief Executive and Senior Executive Team.
For more information on how to apply, the role and Aberlour, please visit aspenpeople.co.uk/aberlour.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Catriona Mackie at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th February 2020.
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.