About the role
Drumchapel Citizens Advice Bureau are looking for dynamic individuals to join their Board of Directors and assist with the strategic direction and future development of the Bureau.
Drumchapel Citizens Advice Bureau is a leading information and advice provider in the Glasgow area. The Board is made up of people from a range of professional backgrounds and currently has vacancies for new members.
The Board are seeking applications from individuals representing the diversity of the Glasgow area and are particularly interested in those with skills and experience with working in the 3rd sector; working locally and dealing with local issues as well as those with qualified skills in Finance, Business Management and Development, Charity Law, Project Management, Fundraising, Human Resources, Public Relations, Marketing and Strategic Development.
The ideal candidates will be committed to service excellence, raising standards and continuous improvement. They must also embrace bureau values and show a commitment to wider role activity to improve the quality of life of local people in the community.
The Board currently meets bi-monthly and members will also be expected participate in projects and attend training when required.
The position is voluntary but reasonable expenses will be paid.
This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of information and advice services in Glasgow and contribute to making a real difference to the local area.
The Board of Directors are responsible for:
· Ensuring that good quality advice is given to the public, including ensuring that Citizens Advice Scotland’s membership standards are met
· Deciding what the bureau should aim for, including input into business planning and budgeting
· Controlling the finances of the bureau
· Overseeing the recruitment and selection, management support and training of all paid staff
· Appraising and supporting the Bureau Manager
· Promoting the image of the bureau
· Ensuring that the bureau fully meets its legal obligations under charity, employment and (if relevant) Company Law
· Dealing with complaints about the service
Candidates should be 18 or over and either live or work in our operating area or surrounding areas.
Expressions of interest should be made in the first instance to:
Laura McMahon, Bureau Manager, Drumchapel Citizens Advice Bureau, 195c Drumry Road East, Glasgow G15 8NS
Tel: 0141 9444817
About the employer
Drumchapel Citizens Advice Bureau is a Company Limited by Guarantee
Reg. No. in Scotland 205907. Scottish Charity Number SCO15207
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 617448