Capital City Partnership (CCP) is an arm’s length company of the City of Edinburgh Council and is tasked with the operational development, management and support of local and regional employability and poverty reduction measures.
The Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal have a skills element called the Integrated Regional and Employability Skills. There are seven themes under this
1. Labour Market Analysis
2. Integrated Knowledge Systems
3. Intensive Family Support
4. Data and Digital Innovation Gateway
5. Housing and Construction Gateway
6. Integrated Employer Engagement
7. Workforce Mobility
The two posts have been funded under the Integrated Employer Engagement theme but will also link into the other City Region themes where relevant.
The Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal is a change fund, to bring better regional alignment and facilitate change on how we work together and make better use of opportunities and economic growth.
This approach is about getting existing employability and related services to work better collectively and bring about genuine, joined up and sustainable integration. It requires significant regional partnership working to be at the heart of all approaches.
The two Integrated Employer Engagement Officers will be responsible for the following main areas:
· To support the development of an Integrated Employer Engagement team plan to bring about significant regional change in partnership with the six regional partner areas;
• To support the co-ordination of a quarterly steering group consisting of key partners and stakeholders to help guide the overall strategic vision of the theme;
• To support the Manager in producing timelines and implementation plans, and conducting on-going evaluation;
• To work effectively within a small team for an initial two years to bring about sustainable change and adapt and influence current services with a regional set of standards with an initial focus on branding and aligned and integrated employer offers;
• To coordinate (or establish) employer and partner focus groups
• To understand, support and further develop the Recruitment Skill Centre model, bringing added value to the approaches established at Fort Kinnaird, FUSE and Edinburgh Airport, and developing the learning to other regional areas;
• To support where necessary, the wider team facilitate the development of a community benefit employer approach, with an agreed set of standards and charter with links to the Integrated Knowledge Systems theme to best capture employer offers under a ‘marketplace’ type offer;
• To create an Information platform (website) as an employer support resource on better working together, including linking to the Integrated Knowledge Systems talent bank for recruitment;
• To produce on-going regional learning events and good practice recommendations for sustainability for consideration at the IRES board
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing Date: Noon Monday 17th February 2020