The Ethnic Minority Career Museum & Built Environment Heritage Programme.
1 Year Traineeships now open!
- 2 Collection Engagement Assistant Traineeship’s (Museum & Galleries, Edinburgh) with bursary.
- 1 Open
Museum Traineeship (Glasgow Life, Glasgow).
- 1 Glasgow Museum Events Traineeship (Glasgow Life,
Key points to note:
- Traineeships are supported by a bursary which is non repayable
- All trainees will be supported to do a
qualification in Museum and Galleries Practice.
- Visa status must allow full time working in
- An opportunity to work within the Museum and Galleries sector.
- A chance to gain skills, knowledge and
understanding of a variety of departments (e.g. Collections management, Conservation, Audience Development,
Learning and interpretation, Community engagement).
- Scope to build a career path in the
- Scope to use existing transferable skills
- An opportunity to be instrumental in bringing
the African and ethnic minorities communities into the sector for: leisure, education or employment
platform for you to excel and develop professionally and personally.
- Applicants must have a willingness to learn and strive within the sector.
- No specific academic qualifications are required; however, applicants should be able to read and write fluent English.
- An enthusiasm for heritage and all it stands for is required.
- The traineeships are only open to people from African and Caribbean/Ethnic Minority Communities across Scotland.
Closing date 27th January 2020
Interviews will be 12th February 2020 (Museum & Galleries, Edinburgh)
Interviews will be 18th or 19th February 2020 (Glasgow Life, Glasgow).
Contact Dr Rosemary Sleith for an Application Pack by email email@example.com or call her on
0754265293 to discuss traineeship.