We have a vacancy for a full time permanent Finance Officer, based in Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will provide financial processing support to the Finance Team with the following main tasks:
1. To prepare monthly management accounts, including income & expenditure statements and balance sheets, for Supported Living Services, including analysis of variances
2. To assist with the preparation of annual budgets and regular reforecasts
3. To complete the reconciliations for an agreed set of balance sheet control accounts
4. To support the operational managers in Supported Living with management accounts and ad hoc financial information
5. To work closely with the Finance Assistant around sales invoicing and debtor management
6. To assist with the implementation of the new organisation wide IT system
7. To prepare the monthly debtors reports for all Supported Living Managers, and a summary report for all Senior managers
8. To work closely with Finance team colleagues to deliver the Finance team priorities
9. To assist the Finance Business Partner with the relevant training which will support the organisational strategic transformation to a model of Self-organising teams
This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic team player, who has a willingness to learn, and to support the Finance team as well as colleagues in the wider organisation.
Please see the job description and person specification for more details.
In return we can offer you the following:
Some of our other staff benefits include…
o money back for everyday healthcare costs,
o a GP advice line,
o shopping discounts.
*This membership can be extended to cover immediate family members after completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure check, which will be paid for by Thistle.
Please apply online at thistle.org.uk/work-with-us/other-vacancies
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as an Application.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd January 2020
Interview dates: Monday 10, Tuesday 11 or Wednesday 12 February 2020