MND Scotland is leading the fightback against Motor Neurone Disease (MND) in Scotland and we are looking for skilled individuals to join our Board of Trustees.
MND is a rapidly progressing terminal illness, which stops signals from the brain reaching the muscles. This may cause someone to lose the ability to walk, talk, eat, drink or breathe unaided
MND Scotland provides care and support to people affected by MND, as well as powering cutting-edge research to find a cure.
Trustees are responsible for setting our strategic direction and making sure the organisation meets its objectives.
We encourage anyone with an interest in MND to apply, however we would particularly welcome people who have skills in any of the following areas: digital innovation and services, finance and accounts, fundraising and income generation, and HR and legal.
What you will bring:
· Proven ability to work constructively with a team
· Experience working with vulnerable people
· Excellent communications skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Knowledge of ‘good working practice’ and procedures, preferably in healthcare and/or the charity sector
· Commitment to the aims, objectives and procedures of the organisation and to staff, volunteers and service users
· Understanding of issues affecting people with MND
To apply and for further information, please visit: mndscotland.org.uk/volunteer
Closing date: Ongoing opportunity