We are recruiting for an amazing Director of Communications to lead and develop our global communications strategy to inspire and grow our movement across all mediums.
We are currently feeding 1,504,471 of the world’s poorest children, every School day, in 18 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our organisation is named after Mary the mother of Jesus and shaped by Christian spirituality. We are focused on one goal - that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. This meal provides the energy and opportunity to learn, giving children the chance of a brighter future.
Communications is at the heart of everything we do, and this critical role is key to our ongoing mission. Reporting to our CEO, you will have responsibility for overseeing all digital, editorial, content and internal communication activities within Mary’s Meals, and key priorities include:
• Developing and implementing a global communications strategy, embedding communications best practice across the Mary’s Meals movement
• Developing and maintaining relationships with all Mary’s Meals Affiliates, providing support in the creation of bespoke and impactful campaigns and building in-country capacity
• Developing and delivering an internal communications plan that ensures effective information sharing across the global family
• Providing strategic and operational leadership to the communications team, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
With relevant communications experience, ideally within a global or international environment, you will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to our vision, mission and values. Skilled in managing brand positioning and messaging for an organisation, you will also be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant experience of developing and implementing innovative communications strategies and projects coupled with the ability to translate these into actions and activities
• Proven staff management experience and the ability to lead and develop high performing teams
• The ability to effectively engage with and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• A strong vocational attitude that shows competence, commitment and contribution to the global movement
We offer so much more than a role; you will have the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on flexible working and personal development.
Mary’s Meals is a values-driven organisation; we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
This is an incredible opportunity to use your talents to positively impact the lives of hungry children all over the world and with 64 million children still out of school and millions more attending classes too hungry to learn, our work has only just begun.