REACH was established on 9th March 2012 to bridge the gap in post diagnostic services across Lanarkshire, to provide support to families who have a young person with an Autism Spectrum Condition living within the authority of South Lanarkshire.
Following a period of working closely within the autism community, it was noted there existed a need to work pan-Lanarkshire to provide much needed support and activities in both North and South Lanarkshire and reflect the diagnostic services used by those within NHS Lanarkshire.
The charity currently employs 23 members of staff and we are also supported by a growing team of volunteers.
You can find out more at our website: reachautism.org.uk
We are seeking a new Chair to lead our Board of Trustees. The Chair will show commitment to the organisation and will be able to devote time to it. The Chair is responsible for line managing the organisation’s Project Manager. The Chair and Project Manager will meet, as and when required, to ensure the charity is running smoothly and to make sure the Project Manager is supported to enable him to manage the day to day running of the organisation.
We are looking for someone with a broad range of skills and experience including:
• Someone who can demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to the charity, its strategic objectives and cause.
• Be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively.
• Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including travel and attending events out of office hours.
• Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
• Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
• Experience of chairing meetings and events.
Knowledge and skills
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the charity sector and current issues affecting it
• Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate and bring people together.
• Financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance issues.
• Good understanding of charity governance issues.
Please send your current CV together with a covering letter to Kim Jones, Chair of Board of Trustees at REACH Lanarkshire Autism.
These should be sent, via email, no later than 12 noon on Friday, 27th March 2020 to email@example.com
If you have any further questions regarding the role, please do not hesitate to get in touch.