HIV Scotland’s board is currently made up of 7 Trustees, led by Dr Nicoletta Policek. Our Trustees bring a wide range of experience, all from diverse backgrounds. The Board meet four times per year to shape HIV Scotland’s strategy, whilst advising and supporting our Chief Executive.
All of HIV Scotland’s Trustees are volunteers, however travel and other expenses relating to the role of being a Trustee are fully reimbursed. We don’t want finances to be a barrier to anyone becoming a Trustee.
HIV Scotland is a Scottish Charity, and a Limited Company. The Board of Trustees is responsible for:
• Overall governance and strategic direction, in line with our Carver Policy Governance Manual.
• Developing the organisation’s goal in accordance with its Articles of Association.
Trustee’s responsibilities include:
• Furthering HIV Scotland’s objectives and Strategic Ends.
• Being subject to company law, charity law, HIV Scotland’s Articles of Association, and good governance.
• Supervision of, and support of our Chief Executive.
This means that Trustees would be expected to:
• Regularly attend our Board Meetings.
• Be committed to participate in the Board’s work.
• Prepare for Board meetings.
• Get to know the Board and the organisation.
• Where possible, attend HIV Scotland events.
Trustees are normally appointed for two terms of three years.
Trustees meet four time during the year. Meetings are normally held on a Thursday evening in
March, June, September and December. At present, there are no Board Sub-Committees.
Applications to join the Board of HIV Scotland are now open until Monday 3rd February 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 14th February 2020, with interviews to follow.
Successful candidates would be invited to join the Board at the next meeting.
The selection process is led by the Vice-Chair, James Whyte. Trustees will be selected by the skills, knowledge and experience that people demonstrate on their application forms.
If you are interested in applying, you should send us a CV and a short covering letter (no more than
800 words) outlining why you would like to join the Board of HIV Scotland, what you would bring
to the Board and why you think you could help us meet our aims as a charity.
You should email this to Nathan at email@example.com
You can discuss your application, the support that we offer Trustees, or ask any questions ahead of
the deadline. You can call our Chief Executive, Nathan, on 0131 558 3713.