We need a team manager for an established team in the Edinburgh area.
This opportunity would suit a team manager who has previous experience leading a team, preferably a support service one, or an assistant team manager who is ready to take on greater responsibility.
The purpose of the role of team manager is to provide leadership and guidance to our teams of support workers who provide person-centred support to adults with learning disabilities and other support needs, working in service users home or accompanying them when they go out.
The team manager has overall responsibility for team management, staff performance and quality of service standards within the team. This vacancy is in a well-established team and some of the service users have been supported by The Action Group for many years. The right candidate will be someone who can approach these types of relationships with understanding and who embodies the Action Group’s values of inclusion and opportunity for all.
Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities are essential, and your attention to detail will be second to none. You will work closely with the Development Managers to ensure a consistent and high quality service delivery; and lead by example to maintain a positive and empowering ethos within the team.
Some of the essential criteria for this role are:
· Previous experience of staff management, ideally from within the social care sector
· At least two years’ experience of providing person-centred services to individuals who have support needs
· An SVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent qualification
· The capacity to complete a SVQ 3 in Social Care within 12 months of taking the post
For a full list of the criteria, please read the job description and person specification below.
· 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
· Good annual leave entitlements
· Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
· TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
· Travel time payable where applicable
· Mileage allowance where applicable
To apply, please read the job description and complete the application form. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 20 January 2020 at 09:00.
Interviews will be on the last week of January 2020.
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates.
The Action Group is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion. We also hold Investors in People Gold accreditation.