As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair-user to pursue his
interests and live as independently. You will be working as part of a team in a variety of settings, locations
and shift times, including evenings and weekends, being flexible where possible.
- Provide assistance with a wide range of social and leisure activities, including, but not limited to, meeting
friends, attending classes, going to the cinema, concerts, the pub or for a walk.
- Provide assistance out
and about, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
- Provide assistance with eating, drinking,
preparing and cooking food.
- Provide assistance with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting,
including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
- Provide assistance with note taking and administrative
- Provide assistance with cleaning, laundry, shopping and other domestic tasks.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Understanding, positive, easy-going and able to assume a background role to allow the employer privacy and
autonomy, remaining professional at all times.
- Punctual, reliable and well-organised, with excellent
- Previous experience supporting a disabled person who has physical impairments is
- Good physical health and fitness, as personal care duties can be challenging.
licence valid in the UK is essential.
- Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is
- Awareness of the social model of disability and interest in disability rights.
- This opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
- Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts if you are selected for interview.
- Training is provided.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 29th January 2020
About the Lothian Centre For Inclusive Living (LCIL)
The Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living provides administrative support and payroll services to the employer. This
allows the employer to remain anonymous in the early stages of recruitment in order to protect their privacy.
Our client will contact you if you are shortlisted for interview. For more information about the LCIL, please
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL),Norton Park,57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
T: 0131 475 2350