We have a vacancy for a Full Time Lead Practitioner, based in Edinburgh for a fixed term of 12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will:
- Lead a small number of teams delivering person centred support to a wide range of people living in their own
- Work alongside people we support to plan and create great support plans focused on what really
matters to them.
- Support teams to think creatively about all aspects of working with the people we work
alongside so they have great lives.
- Be able to provide teams with strong leadership, which motivates and
delivers your passion for really high standards of support. You will be able to provide effective coaching and
also to give strong direction when required.
- Set up new services and support the creative use of
personal budgets to support people to have great lives.
- Provide individual supervision to your staff,
facilitate regular Practice Development Group meetings, and set clear objectives for all your
- Have 3 years’ experience in supporting people with disabilities, working in a person centred way,
facilitating groups and ideally managing teams, together with excellent organisational and IT skills.
Please see the job description and person specification for more details.
In return we can offer you the following:
- A highly attractive work environment in our brand new, award winning offices.
- Structured support and
supervision from your line manager and a supportive team of peers.
- A structured development programme
including support to achieve a professional
qualification if required and ongoing development with our internal leadership development
Some of our other staff benefits include…..
- a contributory pension
- a non-contributory death in service benefit scheme
- The “Refer a Friend
Scheme” which pays £150 for every successfully recruited person that a
staff member recommends.
- Free access to the Thistle Gym.
- FREE membership* of the HSF Health Plan which gives, amongst other
o money back for everyday healthcare costs,
o a GP advice line,
o shopping discounts.
*This membership can be extended to cover immediate family members after completion of a
satisfactory probationary period.
A driving licence is essential for this role.
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to a PVG check, which will be paid for by Thistle.
Please apply online at thistle.org.uk/work-with-us/other-vacancies
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as an Application.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please contact Lynn Spence or Andrew Smith or 0131 661 3366
Closing date: Sunday 26th January 2020