An introduction to Home-Start Glasgow South
Home-Start Glasgow South is a leading family support charity striving to give young children the best possible start in life. We help families experiencing issues including isolation, mental health difficulties, bereavement, family breakdown, addiction and physical ill-health. We have been operating across the south of Glasgow for 19 years and have grown to become the largest Home-Start in Scotland and one of the largest in the UK.
This is a key role to support the growth of our income from community and corporate sources. The candidate will:
· Diversify our income by securing funding from local businesses, challenge events and community participation.
· Assist the Funding and Development Manager to establish ‘cases for support’ which can be sent to family trusts/foundations and significantly increase the volume of funding asks.
· Present ‘cases for support’ around key themes e.g. mental health and educational attainment to local businesses and community groups.
· Create and promote a calendar of fundraising events and challenges to raise unrestricted income.
· Maintain prospects pipeline of potential new supporters and develop a strategy for cultivating potential supporters towards making an “ask” for funding.
The successful candidate will preferably have community fundraising experience, a dynamic personality who enjoys new challenges and has the ability to ‘think outside the box’.
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative candidate to identify and implement new income streams for the organisation and have a pivotal role in the charity’s planned expansion to support more families and children. They will be a strong communicator with the ability to relate, with personal credibility, to community members and senior personnel in the private sector.
They will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop relationships through proposals, presentations and budget management. You should be able to inspire and engage current and new supporters about the value of donating to Home-Start Glasgow South to help us to continue to make a difference to the lives of children and families in South Glasgow.
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020