Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every
year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
How we work:
The Scottish Fundraising team works to support hundreds of wonderful event participants, supporters and volunteers
who raise funds on behalf of Action for Children.
The role of Sports Events Fundraiser is to manage the charity's involvement in a number of events (including The
Kiltwalk, Edinburgh Marathon, Loch Ness Marathon and more) that will enable Action for Children increase income
year on year. The role is a very varied role, that includes being able to deliver on process, logistics,
innovating, creating and implementing marketing plans, managing key relationships, budgets - a very all-round
job that is very busy but also very rewarding!
How you'll make a difference:
As a Sports Events Fundraiser working at our Glasgow office, you will support the work we do for children and young
- Having responsibility for the marketing, recruitment and stewardship of event participants that achieve agreed
annual targets and KPIs
- Having excellent relationship development skills and a strong commitment to
delivering excellent supporter care internally and externally
- Using multiple communication channels to
provide excellent relationship fundraising
- Working with design teams and agencies to produce creative
- Having excellent project management skills
What you'll need:
- Experience of managing events fundraising portfolio and activity (minimum of 3 years +)
- A proven track
record in exceeding targets
- Experience of managing and developing electronic and manual administrative
systems, including database management
- Monitoring financial income and expenditure budgets
understanding of one or more of the broad mix of fundraising disciplines, (e.g. community, events, individual
donors, trusts, corporate, legacies etc.)
- Good understanding of the principles of good customer care and
the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers
- Good understanding of
standard project planning and management techniques
- Excellent numeracy and planning
- Proven ability to articulate information in a persuasive manner, including negotiating and
- Ability to analyse information and make objective decisions
- Ability to develop,
motivate and manage individuals and groups
- Intellectual capacity to be able to understand and appreciate
the motivations of donors, supporters and volunteers
- The application of charity legislation, best
practice guidelines and other regulatory requirements to charitable fundraising activity, or the intellectual
capacity to acquire it
- A driving license is preferable
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro-rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high
- Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a
fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and
young people using our services.
Closing date: 6 December 2019
Interviews will be held on 16th/17th Dec 2019 in Glasgow.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website