We seek to recruit a highly motivated Fundraising Administrator with previous experience to join our team. You will be a member of a small team based in our office in Midlothian, responsible for providing fundraising administration, directly supporting our Fundraising Officer. You will be instrumental in the effective organisation of our fundraising with a key focus on delivering excellent service to supporters so they feel valued, receive an outstanding supporter experience and are provided with guidance to maximise income. This is a new role, pivotal in supporting SiMBA grow its services and achieve its strategic objectives.
You should possess excellent interpersonal skills and have specific expertise in communicating confidently and sensitively with people at all levels. You should be able to work on your own initiative and previous experience of managing incoming funds via a CRM system would be advantageous as would a background in charitable events or working in the voluntary sector.
This is more than an administration role. By fulfilling your role and assisting with the smooth running of the charity’s day to day fundraising function, you will be helping to ensure that those who need our help the most can benefit from it. To read more about our charity please visit our website - simbacharity.org.uk
Minimum Qualifications Required
Relevant experience in administration and/or fundraising and substantial experience within an office environment
Confident communicator who is happy liaising with people face to face, by phone and over email.
· Able to demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and respect confidentiality when interacting with those who have suffered the loss of a baby and to communicate appropriately
· Proven experience in prioritising and organising workload within a busy office environment is crucial to the role
· Effective interpersonal, organisational and decision-making skills
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of eTapestry CRM System desirable
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
A full Job Description is available for download below.
To apply, please send your CV and a short statement of why you want to work for SiMBA to:
Jo Talbot, Office Managercareers@simbacharity.org.uk