Project Trust is an international educational charity based on the Hebridean Isle of Coll. Since 1967 we have sent over 7000 Volunteers to Africa, Asia and the Americas to a wide range of long-term volunteering projects including teaching, social care work, outdoor education and community development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Country Co-ordinator to join our Overseas Team on the Isle of Coll. The Country Co-ordinator is responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of international country programmes and is the first point of contact in the UK for Volunteers and their parents. The role involves supporting our Volunteers on their overseas placements from the UK , undertaking at least one visit to each country of responsibility per year, as well as participating in the selection and training of our Volunteers. The successful applicant will have a flair for customer service, the ability to work autonomously, and excellent organisational skills.
Main areas of responsibility include:
· Providing support and guidance to a cohort of Volunteers, pre-departure and during their international placements
· Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Volunteers, their families, overseas representatives and project hosts
· Visiting Volunteers overseas and assisting with sourcing potential new projects abroad
· Responding to urgent situations occurring overseas, with support of senior staff
· Administration of overseas placements, including visa applications
· Participating in Selection, Training and Debriefing of Volunteers
Essential skills & experience include:
· Experience of working and/or living in an overseas environment
· Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
A recognised qualification or equivalent experience in mental health/counselling or education is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the international programme strategy and operations of an innovative and ambitious charity at an important time in its 50 year history.
The role is based in the Project Trust office on the Isle of Coll.
To find out more, please download the Job Description below.
To apply for the role of Country Co-ordinator at Project Trust, please download the application form, together with an equal opportunities form and self declaration form, and send the completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 8 December 2019. Please note that we reserve the right to close the position early if we receive a suitable number of applications.