A vacancy will arise in March 2020 for a Chief Executive of Street Pastors Scotland – the working name of The Ascension Trust (Scotland), Scottish Charity No. SC041912, a Company Limited by Guarantee Company Number SC371392.
Street Pastors started in London in 2003, when the first area was set up by The Ascension Trust. The role of the volunteers is listening to, caring for and providing practical help to the people we meet on the streets. The project was very successful, and quickly spread across the United Kingdom. The first areas in Scotland were set up in 2007. The Ascension Trust (Scotland) was set up in 2010 to develop the project in Scotland. Every Street Pastor is a Christian, has undergone extensive training, and in Scotland is a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG). There are currently 20 groups spread across Scotland. Each area runs semi autonomously with a management committee running the group, but with Street Pastors Scotland in an ‘umbrella organisation’ role. In addition to Street Pastors, the related projects of School Pastors and Rail Pastors run in some of the areas. Response Pastors – responding to major events – are run by The Ascension Trust and by Street Pastors Scotland, using Street Pastors who have received enhanced specialised training in a ‘mutual aid’ role.
· To provide leadership to the Organisation, in ensuring that the Board of Trustees fulfils its responsibilities in the governance of the charity.
· To encourage and assist local initiative Trustees to develop and expand current Street Pastor (and Related Project) provision.
· Develop new Street Pastor (and Related Project) initiatives across Scotland.
· Advocate on behalf of Scottish Street Pastor initiatives with the Scottish Government and Police Scotland.
· Liaise with current and potential strategic partners in relation to Street/School/Rail and Response Pastors.
· To work with the Board to develop, maintain and achieve strategy, plans and targets for Street Pastor Scotland work across Scotland.
· To ensure long term sustainability through effective governance and sound finance.
· For a detailed Job Description and Person Specification, or a confidential discussion, please contact Sandy Scrimgeour, Chief Executive (01738 248143 or 07455 141550)
· Applications, comprising CV and Covering Letter, should be marked ‘Job Application’ and sent to The Chairman, Street Pastors Scotland, Suite 4d, Kinnoull House, Riverview Business Park, Friarton Road, Perth PH2 8DF
· Closing Date – Friday 29th November 2019
Applicants should have a Christian faith and a live church connection. This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Employment Equality Regulations 2010. Offer subject to satisfactory references and Membership of the PVG Scheme in relation to working with children.
Street Pastors Scotland is the working name of The Ascension Trust (Scotland) A Charity Registered in Scotland No. SC041912 and a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered with Companies House, No. SC371392