We are looking for an experienced, highly organised and personable Executive PA. This is a new post which will provide an exciting opportunity for the holder to shape and develop over time. You will work in a busy, fast-paced, purpose driven organisation with fantastic colleagues. This key role requires someone who is business savvy and can take a pro-active and mature approach to the role. You will primarily support the Chief Executive, to manage his responsibilities effectively and assist in developing and managing relationships with current and potential stakeholders.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet, so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
Purpose of the post
1. To provide professional and efficient executive and administrative support primarily to the Chief Executive supporting him to manage his duties and responsibilities effectively.
2. To assist the Chief Executive in developing and managing relationships with stakeholders.
3. To provide executive and administrative support to the wider Leadership Team and Social Enterprise Board as required.
Chief Executive Support
· Assist the Chief Executive in managing day to day interactions with external stakeholders, acting as the first point of contact, screening and responding appropriately
· Take responsibility for monitoring, overseeing and managing the Chief Executive’s correspondence, diary and meeting schedule, making sure the Chief Executive’s time is well managed and correspondence is actioned appropriately and timeously
· Support the Chief Executive to plan and prepare for presentations, conferences, meetings and events he attends in Scotland and abroad (including for example, booking and setting up meeting rooms and ordering catering, booking appropriate travel, visas, accommodation etc.)
· Log, monitor and support the Chief Executive with actions, tasks and outputs required from him ensuring they are well progressed, (including for example phone calls required, writing up and distributing minutes etc.)
· Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate and provide direct support to the Chief Executive
· Conduct research/analysis providing reports as required
· Manage and process Chief Executive’s expenses and annual leave records within defined timescales
· Arrange monthly one to one meetings and annual reviews for those who report directly to the Chief Executive
· Provide general administration support for the Chief Executive, maintain and develop effective confidential filing systems to ensure the timeous retrieval of files, research and correspondence
Board Meeting Coordination
· Liaise with Board members to arrange Board Meeting dates, book and set up meeting rooms, arrange catering – currently quarterly
· Oversee the collation and sending out of Board papers, ensuring deadlines are met
· Book accommodation for Board members
· Provide support for Board projects on an ad hoc basis
Support for Wider Leadership Team
· Provide executive and administrative support on an ad hoc basis
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
1. Provide a covering letter and CV. In your covering letter please tell us:
• Why you are interested in the post and joining the Academy team
• The experiences, skills and qualities you have that match you with the post’s job description and person specification
2. Send your CV and letter to email@example.com by 1pm, Wednesday, 13 November 2019
3. Please note that the interviews will take place on 29 November 2019.
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team