StartScotland is a partnership between The Lennox Partnership and Fedcap Employment Scotland. With extensive joint experience, we help to make a difference and create positives futures for people, their families and their communities.
Our mission is to improve people's lives and make a positive difference to Scotland through the delivery of Scotland’s employability service across the East and South West of Scotland.
Fedcap Employment is looking for two Engagement Consultants to join our established successful team in Edinburgh and Fife. The purpose of the role is to promote Fair Start Scotland and to engage eligible participants onto our employability services.
Every day will be different from delivering presentations, handing out leaflets, chatting to someone via social media channels to meeting a potential participant in a local library. You will have the opportunity to provide support and guidance to those who have the greatest need within our communities such as long term unemployed people, disabled people, and care leavers.
You will be accountable for:
· Generating, managing and delivering a consistent pipeline of FSS participants in line with agreed targets
· promoting Start Scotland Services in Ayrshire to organisations including but not limited to Job Centre Plus, local authorities and community groups
· Fostering strong relationships and a reputation for providing a positive participant experience in the local community
· promoting Start Scotland Services on social media
· Building relationships with your team including employer service consultants, personal advisors and local tutors to ensure our participants get the best service for their specific needs
· Adhering to our customer service standards so that all our participants are provided with a consistently high standard of service that maximises their chances of securing sustainable employment
· Ensuring compliance with our company policies (including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so participants, colleagues are protected at all times
You will need to demonstrate:
· excellent administration and organisational skills
· an ability to prioritise your workload
· an ability to adapt your communication style and build rapport with a diverse range of people
· an attention to detail and an ability to follow contractual processes ensuring full contractual quality and compliance expectations are met
· solid IT skills including but not restricted to maintaining a client database, producing reports using word, excel and power point
· our service delivery can be in remote locations with limited public transport so you will need access to a car
You can find out more about Start Scotland via startscotland.scot
You can find out more about Fair Start Scotland via employabilityinscotland.com
The closing date for applications is: Monday 21st October
Interviews will include a short presentation all CV’s and cover letter to be sent to
Fedcap Employment strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. All roles are subject to disclosure checks.