As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young man who has muscular dystrophy and uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
• Provide assistance with social and leisure activities.
• Provide assistance with note taking, administrative and work-related tasks.
• Provide assistance out and about, including driving wheelchair accessible van.
• Provide assistance with eating, drinking and preparing food.
• Provide assistance with transfers using a ceiling hoist.
• Provide assistance with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting.
• Provide assistance with cleaning, laundry and other domestic tasks.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication and conversational skills are essential.
• Understanding and positive attitude is essential.
• Previous experience supporting someone with a disability is desirable.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential as you will be required to drive the employer’s adapted van.
• PVG scheme membership is essential.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below, quoting job ref CG OH.
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL)
57 Albion Road