Context: Future Builders is a new, ambitious and exciting project, never seen before in Scotland. Together with our brilliant partners, Ovo Foundation (funding the project), Perth and Kinross Council and Perth College UHI, we will offer a live-in apprenticeship scheme to support young people aged 16 - 24 to take that step to independence.
During their pre-apprenticeship course, young people will refurbish a property for the project which they will then live in. They will literally be building their own future while becoming Future Builders.
As the Future Builders Project Coordinator you will lead on the development and delivery of the project, working directly with the young people on the programme by offering support as well as coordinating the refurbishment and working closely with key partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will be responsible for:
- To participate fully in strategic and operational planning, development and delivery of day-to-day services.
- To be responsible for the direct provision of practical, personal/emotional, social and intellectual support to young people.
- To assess young people’s skills and abilities and to work in a person centred way to produce support plans, based on need (these being regularly reviewed)
- To collaborate with partner organisations to deliver pre apprenticeship courses which meet the needs of the young people.
- To coordinate the refurbishment of properties, for use within the Future Builders project, including the coordination of sub-contractors.
- To approach all aspects of the project in a psychologically and trauma informed manner, adopting a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude.
- To participate fully in regular reviews of the services provided and work with the Manager to enhance existing services and develop new initiatives.
Closing date: Friday 15th of November 2019.
Interviews will be held on 25th November 2019.
For an informal call regarding this position please call 07976070335.