Friends at the End have been operating since 2000 and achieved Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) status in 2018. We are seeking a Communications and Policy Executive to join our team, develop and deliver a communications strategy and ensure our profile grows and is sustained across a number of channels and audience groups.
As we look to increase our impact, and therefore our fundraising activities, we are looking for someone who can develop our public profile as a leading Scottish charity, an organisation that can be trusted to deliver and an organisation that is making a very significant difference in the lives of people approaching the end of life.
The successful candidate will be expected to have demonstrable experience in initiating and developing communication strategies, both in the short and longer term across a range of different media.
As sponsors of the Cross Party Group on End of Life Choices in the Scottish Parliament, it is desirable for candidates to have experience liaising with members of parliament but training can be provided. You will support the chief executive and work alongside the office manager to successfully carry out the organisations activities.
Skills and experience:
· You will likely already work in communications and be a high performing account executive (or similar) looking to move into a more flexible role.
· You will focus on results - knowing the importance of every article, every social media post, every publication and you’ll have a track record of achieving exceptional outcomes.
· You’ll be an excellent writer, capable of producing quality content for printed media and on-line use.
· You’ll have a high degree of attention to detail in your writing.
· You’ll be capable of delivering projects to keep in line with developments.
You will be degree educated and may well have completed further studies in Communications, PR or Media.
The job is located in our Head Office in Glasgow, however we envisage flexible working with the successful candidate working primarily from home. Occasional travel elsewhere in Scotland is required.
A benefits package is available to the successful candidate. The salary applicable for the role is £ 23,000 per annum FT equivelant.
CV can be sent by post to:
Friends at the End
Office 7, Unit 2, Kirkhill House Office Park
Or preferably by email to Amanda Ward Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org