Toonspeak exists to create authentic, high quality arts experiences and improve the lives of people who engage in them. We are a Youth led organisation creating unique exciting creative programmes that release young people’s potential, expands imaginations and inspires change within our communities.
Toonspeak is seeking to appoint the new role of Programme Manager to develop, manage and produce our arts programmes and performances.
We are looking for an inspirational, ambitious individual with a combination of imagination and the practical skills to bring ideas to fruition. You will have a passion for supporting children and young people to develop as artists and leaders and the skills to translate their ideas into engaging, high quality programmes and productions. You’ll have experience of developing partnerships and recruiting and managing creative teams to deliver compelling performance based projects.
Hours/Terms: 35 hours per week, 34 days per annum (includes all public holidays)
Location: The post is office based at our Toonspeak Offices in Barmulloch (BCDC). The post holder will regularly visit workshops on and off-site and attend meetings, networks and events externally on a regular basis. Flexible work options are available for this post including some home working.
· Develop, Coordinate and manage the Toonspeak programme of activity which includes a full programme of weekly workshops and holiday provision.
· Act as Producer for Toonspeak events including our large-scale productions.
· Lead the marketing and communications for our activity programmes.
· Recruit and manage freelance practitioners and trainees to deliver our programme.
· Collaborate with colleagues to develop and grow the workshop programme to include non-performance theatre disciplines and wider art forms.
· Develop training programmes for aspiring workshop leaders and freelance artists.
· Act as a main point of communication for the workshop programme for colleagues, artists, participants and parents/carers.
· Take a lead on ensuring effective person-centred support is provided for participants who need it, co-ordinating communication with participants, referral partners, parents/carers and free-lance artists.
To access Job information and how to apply, please visit toonspeak.co.uk/jobs
Deadline for applications – Monday 21 October at 12 noon
Interview Dates – Wednesday 6 November 2019