As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young man who has muscular dystrophy uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
· Provide assistance with social and leisure activities (e.g. cinema, evening classes, meeting friends, visiting new places, trying new things, etc).
· Provide assistance with note taking, administrative and work-related tasks.
· Provide assistance out and about, including driving wheelchair accessible van.
· Provide assistance with eating, drinking and preparing food.
· Provide assistance with getting in and out of bed, using a tracking hoist (training provided).
· Provide assistance with personal care, showering and toileting.
· Provide assistance with domestic tasks (e.g. cleaning, laundry etc.)
Skills & Experience
· Excellent communication and conversational skills.
· Understanding and positive attitude.
· Previous experience supporting someone with a disability.
· Driving licence valid in the UK (applicants who do not meet this criterion will be rejected).
· Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership.
· Opportunity open to both male and female applicants.
· Casual position (holiday/sickness cover and regular Saturday shift).
· Training is provided.
About the Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living
The Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living provides administrative support and payroll services to the employer. This allows the employer to remain anonymous in the early stages of recruitment in order to protect their privacy. Our client will contact you if you are shortlisted for interview.
An application form is available for download below.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference: CG OH