We are looking for 2 Part-time Support Workers, to work on a one to one basis supporting our service users in their own homes. The successful applicant will be provided with a 6 week rota, which averages out at 24 hours per week over the 6 weeks. Working hours are concentrated over 2 days per week, sleepovers will also be a requirement.
Support Worker Benefits -
Scottish Living Wage Employer, starting salary £9 rising to £9.59* with length of service and qualifications
· £9 per hour standard for sleepovers – where required
· Access to fully funded SVQ training after initial assessment period
· Generous 32 days annual leave, rising incrementally after 5 years to a limit of 42 days
· 4% employer contributory pension (above minimum legally required)
· No experience needed as full training provided
· Parent led organisation
· Supportive and Friendly Teams
· Investors in people (Silver) employer
· Regularly awarded 6 stars from the Care Inspectorate
· Up to 35 hours per week
· Death in service insurance (2 x annual salary)
· Critical illness insurance (lump sum payment if diagnosed with certain critical illnesses)
· Opportunities for progression with our active succession policy
Company Overview -
Share Scotland is the Care Sector’s best kept secret. This is your opportunity to join an innovative, family-led organisation as a support worker. Working as part of a dynamic and supportive team, you will be an enthusiastic person who can bring their own unique skills, interests and ideas to the role of Support Worker.
For almost 30 years, Share Scotland has worked with adults with complex disabilities to provide individually tailored care, supporting our service users to actively pursue their chosen lifestyle within their own home and local community.
If you have the right personality and attitude, we can provide you with expert training to do the job. If you have experience or a relevant qualification, even better! Our vocational training, continuous development and excellent induction package will ensure you have outstanding support throughout the progression of your career with us.
We are also looking for relief staff, this offers you the flexibility to choose the hours and shifts that you are able to work.
Key Responsibilities may involve -
As a Support Worker you will be supporting a person with such things as looking after their home, preparing and perhaps eating a meal, budgeting and shopping, as well as exposing them to new experiences and opportunities and assisting them to pursue the social life of their choosing.
· Supporting a person with the day to day management of the house, household tasks such as washing and ironing and domestic health, safety and security measures.
· Finding out what is available in the community, and supporting a person to make full use of local mainstream facilities, amenities and services.
· Communicating with a person in their preferred manner and helping others to do so.
· Supporting a person to maintain the relationships they have with those who are important to them and helping them to develop new friendships.
· Occasionally accompanying a person on a short break or holiday if necessary.
*Progression to final salary scale is dependent on successfully gaining SVQ3
The successful candidate will be subject to a PVG check and registration with SSSC must be made within 6 months of employment commencing.
To apply to go: https://www.sharescotland.org.uk/join-us/support-worker-roles/
Share is actively working to promote equal opportunities for all
Share Scotland is a Recognised Charity SC 008220