An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the University of Stirling Students’ Union to support and assist the Communications, Marketing & Events team in the delivery of the Union’s digital marketing activity. Key elements of this role will be to help develop the Union’s social media presence, generate digital advertising revenue, create digital assets and work with Officers on digital aspects of campaigns. As part of the Communications team, this role plays a key part in helping to ensure we Make Students’ Lives Better.
The University of Stirling Students’ Union was founded in 1967, we’re a high-impact organisation that works to ‘Make Students’ Lives Better’. Our professional teams support our elected student leaders to make change within the University and improve the lives of our students. We’re a bold organisation with big ambitions, with more than 13,000 members and wide range of Clubs, Societies, Sports Teams and Commercial Services; we pride ourselves on offering something for everyone.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our Membership Services division. Main duties of the post include:
• Create and capture content and copy in our house style for use on the Union’s social channels and website, including digital artwork;
• Daily programming & innovation of all digital channels, keeping up with new trends and changes across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube;
• To have input in and implement the Union’s Social & Digital Strategy ensuring it is current, fit for purpose and inclusive;
• Use insights and analytics tools to report on digital campaigns and social content to ensure its efficiency;
• Update and edit regular news and events content on the Union’s website, as well as static page content to ensure branding consistency and accessibility;
• Assist with the creation of digital publications and informational materials.
At Stirling Students’ Union every day is different. If you like variety and would like to utilise your skills and experiences to make a difference within a fast-paced environment, then this could be the job for you. The Union offers a generous annual leave entitlement and a range of employee benefits, such as discounted gym membership at Scotland’s very own University of Sporting Excellence. Coupled with a competitive salary for the non-profit sector, there’s plenty of reasons to consider building a career with us.
If you’re a passionate and driven individual, excited by the opportunity to create change and make an impact as part of a dynamic organisation then we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 20th June 2021 at 5.00pm
Interviews will be held: Friday 2nd July 2021
Please return all correspondence to Lauren Kirk, Communications, Marketing & Events Coordinator.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with Students’ Unions