▪ To build and establish points of contact with children, youth and their families with a view to integrate them more fully into the life of the Church through an inclusive programme of activities and mission.
▪ To build on the current church groups, evaluating how they are meeting the needs of the family and youths that we serve and how these groups connect with mission/outreach of the congregation.
▪ To lead, develop and maintain relationships with community groups, other agencies in the town and to build up a community profile and to work on specific projects within the community through partnership working.
▪ Establish contact with primary and secondary schools with a view to providing chaplaincy or other support
▪ To develop and organise fresh expressions of worship/Messy Church in consultation with the Minister and Kirk Session.
▪ Create a small team of church members to aid the Kirk Session with Strategic Planning through assessment of current activity.
▪ To be involved in and have input into the life of the congregation, sharing in worship.
▪ To communicate to the Kirk Session information/vision for the work at every Kirk Session Meeting and to Presbytery when requested.
▪ Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Parish Minister.
A full Job Description is available for download below.
Closing date 12 noon on Friday 1st October 2021.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email to Mr R Irving email@example.com, Linden, Lewis Street, Stranraer DG9 7AL and must be received by 12 noon on the closing date.
Applications should comprise:
• A personal statement, outlining how your skills, experiences and personal qualities match the requirements of the role outlined in the job description. Please include names and email addresses of two referees, who will not be contacted until later in the process.
• A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications alongside a full employment history showing positions held, responsibilities and relevant achievements.
Applications without a CV and personal statement will not be taken forward in the process. Each document should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4.