The Iona Community is a faith based organisation working towards justice and peace. It was founded in Glasgow and Iona in 1938 by George MacLeod, minister, visionary and prophetic witness for peace, in the context of the poverty and despair of the Depression. From a dockland parish in Govan, Glasgow, he took unemployed skilled craftsmen and young trainee clergy to Iona to rebuild the monastic quarters of the mediaeval abbey, sharing skills and effort as well as joys and achievement. That task became a sign of hopeful rebuilding of community in Scotland and beyond. The experience shaped – and continues to shape – the practice and principles of the Iona Community to address poverty, work for justice and peace, and protect the environment.
Iona Community has a vacancy for an Executive Director, one half of the leadership duo that manages the Iona Community. The Executive Director and Leader of the Iona Community are equal partners, with the ED responsible for developing and implementing the business plan that will deliver the Community’s recently agreed strategic vision.
The key responsibilities include to:
· Develop and implement an ongoing commercial strategy, fundraising plan and oversee donor support.
· Work with the Leader and Council to guide and develop the Community’s strategic planning.
· Overall responsibility for the finances, in consultation with the Leader and the Finance Team.
· Shared annual revenue budgetary responsibility of £1.4 million.
· Attend Council and Community Resources Committee meetings.
The successful candidate should have senior management experience, experience of financial management and the ability to think and plan strategically.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Debbie Shields at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
More information on the role and how to apply can be found on the Aspen People website, please CLICK HERE and you will be redirected there.
Closing date: Monday 28th June 2021