We are looking for a customer focused, friendly, helpful and well-organised Education Programme Coordinator, for the Central Scotland area, whose coordination and administration skills will help create a social enterprise in every school in Scotland in the next 3 years.
In their 10 year Strategy for Social Enterprise, the Scottish Government announced its ambition to see a social enterprise in every school in Scotland. We have been tasked with leading on the delivery of this goal.
Since the Social Enterprise in Education programme began we’ve had over 1,600 school engagements across Scotland and in that time we have seen young people change how they see themselves and grow hugely in confidence while building essential skills for the future. We work with nurseries, primary and secondary schools and schools for young people with additional support needs.
From making sustainable crafts to funding community defibrillators to tackling local unemployment through computer coding classes, these young people are stepping up, taking action and demanding change.
Your role will be to support this activity from our Edinburgh office, supporting facilitators and social entrepreneurs to work with the schools to make this vision a reality. As part of a highly motivated team, this opportunity offers variety, satisfaction and a great opportunity to be part of something that is making a difference to Scotland.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
To support our Education Team’s roll out of the Social Enterprise in Education Programme in schools across Scotland. Providing excellent customer service, administration and co-ordination skills to aid the team as they develop relationships with key influencers in Local Authorities, Schools and Social Enterprise Networks and manage the organisation of our teachers CPD programme and programme related events.
· To provide a day to day professional and friendly point of contact for our schools – dealing with enquiries and providing information by phone, email and face-to-face
· Lead on the organisation of Education events such as our Dragons’ Den competitions and the Academy’s Annual Education Awards ceremony, including coordinating the event on the day itself
· To work with your area Education Manager to help identify the needs of each school and to ensure they receive all relevant resources and support in order for them to progress successfully through the Education programme
· To make the logistical arrangements for CPD programmes, activities and Education events including collating appropriate learning materials, booking venues, catering and equipment
· To liaise closely with the Education Facilitators and Education Team in your area and support them with day-to-day tasks and delivery of the education programme
· To provide effective administrative and reporting support to ensure programme and learner information is accurately recorded on internal systems and captured for reporting purposes
· To work with the Marketing and Communications Officer to raise the profile of the Schools programme, obtain material and input to promote the programme, including content for case studies, Education Showcase and the annual Schools Special of the Big Issue Magazine
· To manage the introduction and development of new technology solutions where appropriate, supporting Education Facilitators and Team members to use a range of platforms
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
The Social Enterprise Academy is a social change organisation: we exist to support people who are stepping forward to affect positive social change, wherever they may be. We exist to support the many, not the few.
Through dynamic learning and development programmes facilitated by our network of skilled facilitators, we help entrepreneurship and leadership to flourish in organisations, networks, schools and colleges.
With a 17 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 8 years with international partners through a social licence approach.
Closing date: 1pm, 16 June 2021
· Complete the application form and the equality and diversity monitoring form
· Send your application form and equality and diversity monitoring form in Word document format to Maya Wenzel via email - firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm, Wednesday 16 June 2021
· Please note that interviews will take place between 21- 24 June 2021 via Zoom
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process please get in touch: Maya Wenzel - email@example.com