Includem are currently recruiting for Sessional Mentors to join their Aberdeen team. The successful candidates should have a full driver’s licence and access to a car for work purposes.
What does the role involve?
· Working independently with young people, but also as part of a team of support.
· Providing emotional support and linking in with service delivery teams to ensure an appropriate response to our young people or their families.
· The opportunity to work directly with our young people and their families in their communities.
The ideal candidate should be able to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week with a view to working more hours as and when required (including evenings and weekends). As sessional Mentors work directly with young people and families in the community there is a requirement that you can drive and have access to a car for work purposes.
If you have all of the below skills and attributes then we would love to hear from you:
· A genuine passion for helping children, young people and their families
· The ability to identify and manage emotions (your own and others)
· An empathetic and non-judgemental outlook
· The ability to work as part of a team
Ability to build relationships with young people and their families
An awareness of issued facing vulnerable young people and their families
Ability to respond flexibly to changing situations led by the needs of the young person and their families
Good organisational skills
Be a team player but also be able to work on your own initiative
Be self-motivated and flexible
Ability to provide emotional, practical and social support
Good communication skills both written and verbal including ability to maintain accurate records
Reliability and commitment to deliver the relationship based model of intervention
Ability to drive and have access to own car for work purposes
All posts require individuals to:
· Work flexibly to meet the demands of the service, involving regular weekend and evening work
· Develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
· Use their communication skills effectively to influence, record and evidence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support
· Be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle for work purposes
· Become a member of the PVG scheme (paid for by Includem)
· To be registered or become registered with SSSC and hold or be willing to work toward an SVQ2 in a relevant discipline (qualifications are fully funded by Includem)
· Attend team meetings and any relevant training courses
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
· A full and robust training and induction programme.
· Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
· Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
· Free Vehicle Breakdown Cover
· Company Mobile Phone
· SCVO Credit Union
· Discounted gym membership
· Discounted holidays and associated benefits
· Access to discounts for charity workers
· Flexible and agile working
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact our HR department on 0141 212 8800 who will arrange for an informal chat with one of our managers. You can apply directly online via the Includem website (includem.org). Alternatively you can request a pack by e-mailing email@example.com or contact our Head Office on the number above.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted a group selection event will take place via video-conferencing on Wednesday 26th May 2021 with individual interviews on Wednesday 2nd June 2021.