COVID has taught us much about the importance of empowering, enabling and engaging colleagues in Social Care, not least that our colleagues are the heart of what we do and are key to ensuring that Turning Point Scotland continues to deliver outstanding care and support to the most vulnerable members of society.
Turning Point Scotland is IIP Platinum accredited leading provider of Social Care Services in Scotland, we take our advocacy role as an employer and a partner in the Not for Profit Sector seriously. Highlighting inequality and workforce development issues at a national level we recognise the positive impact that equality and diversity brings to our community. This is an organisation where people feel valued and that’s supported by our culture of Citizenship where recognition comes fast and furious – from colleagues, from service users, from managers, leaders and from partner organisations.
Our fast-paced, motivated and friendly HR Team is growing, so this means that we're now on the lookout for an HR Business Partner to join us on a permanent full-time basis. This role will be based in our Head office in Glasgow. We have fully embraced the advantages and benefits of operating digitally, however we will need you to have flexibility to travel across Scotland on occasion once current restrictions are lifted.
If you are an experienced, passionate and motivated HR professional who's ready for an exciting new challenge.
If you want to work for an innovative and genuine values based organisation .
If you share our values of respect, compassion, inclusion, and integrity that are truly lived on a daily basis. - Then we have the perfect role for you!
At Turning Point Scotland people are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in treating each colleague with respect, building excellent working relationships and providing them with fully inclusive resources, allowing them to take responsibility and a lead role in their own career development and progression.
As a HR Business Partner, this role will provide a hands on, proactive and forward-thinking operational HR service to Turning Point Scotland, operating as an internal consultant, influencing, identifying and maximising opportunities to improve people, capability and performance in line our values of respect, compassion, inclusion, and integrity.
• Play an essential role in achieving our HR objectives in line with our Strategic Plan.
• Working in a small team to achieve a high-quality responsive service for a group of services and to work as part of the larger HR team
• Provide dedicated HR support, advice and guidance to our Managers across the North of Scotland, enabling them to meet their aims and objectives.
• Providing support on employee relations issues, reports and cases (absence, disciplinary, investigations, grievances/complaints; TUPE; consultation meetings) balancing risk and the law with a pragmatic approach and reporting as required
• Interpreting and implementing HR policies, best practice and appropriately applying employment law.
• Understanding and anticipating the need for change, diagnosing the underlying risks, issues and building the case for change with stakeholders, and managing the people impacts of change activity.
• Providing guidance, information and resources for all colleagues.
• Undertaking a leadership role in projects or an area of HR operations or business specialism through to outcomes.
• Ensuring we continue to offer our outstanding support to people who use our services by focusing on recruitment processing for new starts, quality assuring Safer Recruitment using our on-line recruitment tool.
• To work with absence systems to actively manage and address absence, assisting and supporting colleagues back to work as quickly and safely as possible, including working with our Wellbeing Lead and occupational health service.
• To advise and authorise on changes to terms and conditions and work to an anti-discriminatory framework.
• Maintain excellent harmonious employee relations through an effective, inclusive and personal communication style, including letters, policies etc.
• To ensure our approach to employee registration with SSSC and PVG issues is dealt with in a consistent, compliant and legal manner
• To promote workforce development practices such as induction, value based appraisal, supervision and development meetings.
• Working with the union and union representatives in a unionised environment and when appropriate with People Matter Representatives.
• To deliver bespoke HR based management and policy training with direct delivery to groups, coaching one to one etc.
• To meet strategic and personal development goals as agreed with your line and departmental manager with organisational development changes, taking on lead for topics/areas and projects
• Travelling as and when required locally with frequency, and further in Scotland around once a month
• Participating positively as a member of the HR dept., the Head Office team and Turning Point Scotland
• Promoting the values and culture of Turning Point Scotland at all times
Closing date: 16th May 2021
Please visit our website and apply today!