Around since 1923, SAMH is Scotland’s national mental health charity. Today, SAMH operates 60 services in communities across Scotland providing mental health social care support, homelessness, addictions and employment services among others. These services, together with our national programme work in See Me, respectme, suicide prevention and active living; inform our policy and campaign work to influence positive social change.
We currently have an opportunity within Inverclyde’s Gateways Services for a Team Leader.
The Gateways Services focuses on recovery and the principles of social inclusion and promotes active citizenship . The services supports ,enables and facilitates people with mental health issues to access a range of community resources and services, to develop their community connections, build and sustain natural support networks and to develop or improve their self- resilience and self-management skills.
The Team Leader will;
· Lead and develop the staff team to achieve positive outcomes for the people that access the services.
· Work in conjunction with the Service Manager to develop an annual development plan as part of the continuous improvement framework.
· Deliver on specific service objectives agreed with Inverclyde’s Health ad Social Care Partnership
· Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the Health and Social Integration agenda and the contributions that the third sector brings.
· Have experience working in the field of mental health and wellbeing, and have necessary skills to work across the sector with internal with external stakeholders and partners
To be successful in this post you will meet the essential criteria, core competencies, behaviour and skills listed in the role profile. You will also be expected to participate in a management on call rota.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join an experienced team to make positive changes to peoples’ lives in Inverclyde.
For further details of the post, please contact Ann Reid Service Manager 07966 121 111
Closing date for all applications is Monday 10 May 2021 at 5pm
Interviews will be held later in May 2021
PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared on the application form are required.
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties.
Please note that your application should be completed electronically and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org, no other form of application will be accepted.