Main purpose of role
To focus on the development of both the Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing in the Workplace.
Over the past year the Bridge has been developing the foundations for social enterprise activity and thanks to some recent funding from Adapt and Thrive we are in a position to take forward our enterprise business plan. The enterprise work will be part of the Bridge Community Project SCIO, but will have its own branding and website.
The Wellbeing Outreach Development Worker will focus on 2 areas;
Employee Assistance Program
Wellbeing in the workplace
We recently commissioned Community Enterprise to undertake some scoping work around these areas resulting in a business plan that will be used as the basis for the enterprise development.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a range of roles as outlined below:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Scope out and implement the terms of reference for our employee assistance program
● Work alongside the Counselling Development Worker to build an experienced team of counsellors
● Develop relationships with organisations and generate interest in our Employee Assistance Program
● Establish appropriate administration systems
Wellbeing in the Workplace
● Develop options that will support employees and organisations to improve everyday wellbeing. This will include health fairs, workshops, seminars and personal projects
● Plan out and develop appropriate content for each option above
● Bring together a delivery action plan
● Generate interest from organisations for our Wellbeing in the workplace program
● Work with the Project Director to develop a marketing strategy, including ongoing development of the website
● Implement relevant admin/ booking systems
● Work alongside the Project Director to determine options for future sustainability of the enterprise
● Work within the ethos and culture of the Bridge Community Project
● Carry out the recommendations held within the enterprise business plan
● Work within the boundaries of confidentiality as stipulated within the Bridge Community Project policy.
● Required to observe all Health & Safety regulations and report all safety/hazards to Bridge Community Projects management group
● To attend regular meetings appropriate to the role
● Have experience in development work and ideally in setting up Employee assistance programs and/or training
● Must have a current, clean UK driving license and access to a vehicle
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
● Competent IT skills
● Ability to be self-motivated and to work to a high standard
● Ability to demonstrate a sincere commitment to the vision and values of the Bridge Community Project
Closing date: Friday 30th April @ 12noon
To apply please supply an up to date CV and also a covering letter explaining why you think you have the experience and skills to fulfil the role as outlined within the job description.
Please return completed applications to email@example.com before the closing date. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.
Please contact Alan Davidson, Project Director, for more details on 01506 238980.
Bridge Community Project is a SCIO, SCO45049:: bridgecommunityproject.org.uk