Main purpose of role
To focus on the development of a community of private counsellors and the development of a continued professional development training program.
Over the past year the Bridge has been developing the foundations for social enterprise activity and thanks to some recent funding from Adapt and Thrive we are in a position to take forward our enterprise business plan. The enterprise work will be part of the Bridge Community Project SCIO, but will have its own branding and website.
The Counselling Development worker will focus on 2 areas;
1) Community of Counsellors
2) CPD training opportunities
We recently commissioned Community Enterprise to undertake some scoping work around these areas resulting in a business plan that will be used as the basis for the enterprise development.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a range of roles as outlined below:
Community of Counsellors Development
● Scope out and implement the terms of reference for The Bridge Community of Counsellors
● Develop a core community of counsellors, creating a welcoming and safe space for counsellors and clients alike
● Establish an informal peer support group for counsellors
● Establish a library of information both physical and online ensuring that resources and information meets the needs of the counsellors and individuals accessing the library
CPD Training Development
● Scope out and develop a program of CPD training opportunities for counselors
● Work with the Project Director to develop a marketing strategy, including ongoing development of the website
● Implement relevant admin systems for both the community of counsellors and CPD training development
● Be familiar or willing to learn our room booking system, Skedda
● Work alongside the Project Director to determine options for future sustainability of the enterprise
● Work within the ethos and culture of the Bridge Community Project
● Carry out the recommendations held within the enterprise business plan
● Work within the boundaries of confidentiality as stipulated within the Bridge Community Project policy.
● Required to observe all Health & Safety regulations and report all safety/hazards to Bridge Community Projects management group
● To attend regular meetings appropriate to the role
● Must be a qualified counsellor to diploma level with over 2 years experience
● Member of a national body such as COSCA/ BACP
● Must have a current, clean UK driving license and access to a vehicle
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
● Competent IT skills
● Ability to be self-motivated and to work to a high standard
● Ability to demonstrate a sincere commitment to the vision and values of the Bridge Community Project
Closing date: Friday 30th April @ 12noon
To apply please supply an up to date CV and also a covering letter explaining why you think you have the experience and skills to fulfil the role as outlined within the job description.
Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.
Please contact Alan Davidson, Project Director, for more details on 01506 238980.
Bridge Community Project is a SCIO, SCO45049:: bridgecommunityproject.org.uk