WHAT’S THE JOB?
We’re on the hunt for an Academic Coordinator to join our Student Engagement department to support the Union with all things relating to the undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching experience.
You’ll work closely with our Vice President Education and Student President, plus you’ll get to train and support our incredible academic reps. You’ll also work with staff in the university to make sure students’ voices are listened to.
It’s basically a brilliant opportunity for anyone who has a passion for student representation, especially on the academic side of things!
This is a full-time job on an initial three-month contract, with the potential to become permanent. It’s 35 hours a week, and you’ll be on a salary of £22,101.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union. We’re based at Riccarton (on the outskirts of Edinburgh) and our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here. We have food & drink venues, a nightclub and shop, plus we work with Students to make their time at Heriot-Watt the best it can be through our Advice Hub, societies, academic representation and a whole load of volunteering opportunities.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference for students.
The role will be based at the Edinburgh campus. We’re working from home at the moment but are looking forward to returning to the office when restrictions allow.
IS THIS THE JOB FOR YOU?
If you answer yes to these questions, then apply now!
· Do you have experience working with academic representative systems?
· Do you understand a fair bit about learning and teaching issues in a university?
· Are you comfortable talking to wide range of students and getting them fired up?
· Can you guide and empower students to come up with solutions to problems, and support them to put a plan in place to fix things?
· Can you look at something and think of new and creative ways that will make it even better?
· Does it make you happy to help people, and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference?
· Are you happy spending everyday with students? It’s ridiculously rewarding – but they can be super demanding!
· Do you want to work with an amazing team of people who are passionate about helping students?
· We will probably ask you for a baby picture and to photocopy your face. You ok with that?
SOUNDS GREAT, WHAT NEXT?
· If you want to have an informal chat about the role, get in touch with Genna, the Student Engagement Manager email@example.com
· If you feel you’re the right person for the job, get your application in through our website – you have until 9am on Monday 10th May 2021!
· If you’re successful we’ll be in touch by Tuesday 11th May 2021.
· We’re holding interviews (virtually!) on Monday 17th May 2021.
To apply, please visit our website hwunion.com/jobs